October 05, 2017
Custom Engagement Ring-How the Process Works
Today many couples want to express their unique love creating a unique custom engagement ring. The process of bringing your idea into fruition is exhilarating, and fun!
Here’s some useful information on how it all works, and what to expect.
- Have a budget in mind. You want to make sure doing a custom piece will work in your price range. New designs will cost more because they’re more time consuming, and fees are involved to create a new wax and mold.
- Work with an experienced artist. Look at the quality and details in their existing work before considering commissioning them.
- Once you chose the best person for the job, be ready to discuss all the elements you would like in your ring. Providing photos is a great way for the designer to gain insight into your personal style.
- Choose a design that works with your lifestyle. Some occupations or hobbies may require a lower profile ring so it doesn’t get in the way of your activities.
- Once you decide to get started, the digital sketch usually takes 2-3 weeks, and should be sent to you for approval.
If you decide to make any changes to the original design, additional design fees may apply.
- Give it time. A custom piece usually takes 8 weeks for completion.
- Remember to enjoy the process. There is nothing more romantic then creating your very own ring to express your unique love!